Addington Childrens Hospital has been sitting deserted on the Durban Beachfront for a number of years now. Last year some fellow photographers and myself went in to the derelict building with our cameras to see what it looked like inside.
The hospital as it looked in 2009. I think a fence or wall has been put up since so this picture isn't so easy to get now.
This is typical of the condition of the building inside.
There are some quite interesting art built in to the building. Their are stain glassed windows in some places.
In a central courtyard there is this statue/water feature.
There are also colourful murals painted on the walls.
Discarded toys litter the corridors.
Who knows if there is a light at the end of the tunnel for this fascinating old building?
- Durban At Night
- New years day on the Durban beach front
- Project 366 (2012) - 30/366: Egg & Cheese Burger
- Flying to UK - Christmas Eve/Day (UK Trip 2012/13 Part 1)
- Cambridge - 9th October 2014
- Getty Requested
- Project 366 (2012) - 29/366: Animal Farmyard
- Umhlanga Sunrise - 22nd May 2016
- Saffron Walden - 15th October 2014
- Project 366 (2012) - 35/366: KFC Hillcrest