Addington Childrens Hospital has been sitting deserted on the Durban Beachfront for a number of years now. Last year some fellow photographers and myself went in to the derelict building with our cameras to see what it looked like inside.
The hospital as it looked in 2009. I think a fence or wall has been put up since so this picture isn't so easy to get now.
This is typical of the condition of the building inside.
There are some quite interesting art built in to the building. Their are stain glassed windows in some places.
In a central courtyard there is this statue/water feature.
There are also colourful murals painted on the walls.
Discarded toys litter the corridors.
Who knows if there is a light at the end of the tunnel for this fascinating old building?
- Umhlanga Sunrise - 22nd May 2016
- Durban Beachfront Sunrise - 9th April 2016
- Mtwalume - March 2016
- Durban beachfront - 18th April 2016
- Umhlanga Beach - 20th March 2016
- Early morning on Durban beachfront - 4th June 2016
- Tour of Bhambayi township and Inanda dam - 23rd April 2016
- Cambridge - September 2015
- Go Grab A Bargain
- Flying to UK - Christmas Eve/Day (UK Trip 2012/13 Part 1)