Thursday, May 28, 2009

Replacement Battery Arrangement For Minolta Hi-Matic E

Unfortunately the original PX640 batteries that powered the Minolta Hi-Matic E, that I recently purchased, are no longer readily available. When I received my Hi-Matic a week ago the batteries it came with were dead so I had to look for another power solution. After doing a bit of research on the web I discovered people were using the cheap and plentiful LR44 batteries to power their Hi-Matic E's. The problem is the LR44 cells are like half the size of the PX640's. The way I overcame this problem was to take one of the battery contacts out of a disposable camera and as shown in the picture use it to make a bridge between the two LR44 cells. This arrangement seems to be working fine with my first roll of film coming out with correct and even exposures.

1 comment:

Afner Hernandez said...

I found this on amazon, they turns the little LEDs on, but cant make my shutter to open...

http://amzn.com/B0054LIIM2